Saturday, January 12, 2013

Photos of Paris

Yesterday I went on a tips-based three-hour walking tour of Paris.  It was amazing.  Rather than try to describe everything I saw, this post is mostly going to be pictures with short explanations.  Enjoy!

The Fountain at Saint Michel Place
Notre Dame Cathedral - I'll get a closer look later



The banks of the Siene (pronounced "Senn")

Pont Neuf - "New Bridge", and ironically the oldest bridge still standing in Paris

Henry IV of France, who was killed by an assassin after sending all eighteen of his guards ahead to investigate a traffic jam


A View of the Louvre Museum across the Siene

My first view of the Eiffel Tower during my time here in France

These "Love Locks" are put here by lovers and then they throw the key off the side of the bridge

One entrance to the Louvre
A Louvre courtyard


The Louvre


The Louvre
The Louvre


The Louvre
The Louvre

Joan of Arc - The French don't really do "subtle"

Another view of the Eiffel Tower


The Grand Palais, built for the 1900 World's Fair

The Me du Triomphe
The Arc du Triomphe












 A bientot!

4 comments:

  1. Wow that is so SWEET! I love the love locks that is the sweetest most adorable thing EVER! But did you go inside the Lourve at all? Or did you just walk outside of it? and btw I am so jelly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't gone in yet, but I'm planning to do that next week.

      Delete
  2. you really need to go into the Louvre so you can tell me about it/take pictures of it because it is literally the MOST famous art museum in the world

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Laura! But You should go up to some fancy art guy and say "This Mona Lisa is ok, but I prefer the one made out of sticky notes"

    ReplyDelete